If you are going to write a Halloween essay, then you need the instruction which will help you start. If you face difficulties, you can count on professional homework helper online from our company. Halloween is a unique festival. American children adore it because they feel free & dress the way they like. In addition, people give them candies or fruit presents when kids say “trick-or-treat”. Almost every person in America & even other countries in the world like Halloween because it is full of Haunted Houses, terrifying stories, parties, interesting traditions. Still, students don’t know what to write about & how to make their story spooky & worthy of A+.
- Choose a good topic for your Halloween essay. Think of what your target audience would like to read about Halloween & create a title.
- Compose the outline to bring your ideas on Halloween in order.
- Find catchy facts on Halloween. For example, find out why people wear scary costumes or why Halloween is the time of the dead.
- Your structure of an essay about Halloween is to be well done (an intro part, the body, & conclusion) & include the required number of pages & words.
- Pay attention to other important details such as formatting, writing style, & other issues which your college requires.
Different Topics to Consider
An essay on Halloween should dwell upon some striking or at least interesting topics. Here are some related topics which can help you describe one of the most popular holidays of the year.
- Things You Didn’t Know about the History of Halloween.
- Will People Celebrate Halloween in the 21nd century?
- The Best Ways to Have Fun on the 31st of October.
- The Great Tradition Unites Families: Carving a Pumpkin & Designing It.
- Why Do Some People Consider Halloween Celebration to Be Immoral?
Remember one - thing there shouldn’t be just presented some facts or statistics on Halloween, you are to show the analysis of the problem & your personal point of view. These things play the main role in essay evaluation so get rid of all distractions and start working.
Facts to Use When Writing the Academic Assignment on Halloween
Essay writing about Halloween requires vivid & catching facts. Research the topic, write down the most trustworthy sources (both web & printed), & be ready to analyze & use them in your paper. Here are some sample facts to follow.
- Samhain was a Celtic holiday devoted to their God of death. Celts put on heads & skin of animals, made a huge sacred fire, & sacrificed animals to their God on the last day of October at night which also stood for their New Year’s Eve. They said goodbye to warm summer & harvest & met cold winter.
- There were also Druids who tried to predict the future. They believed that spirits could visit the Earth that night & inhabit the body of some living being. Soon the Roman Empire occupied Celtic territories & the traditions have changed greatly since then because of assimilation.
- Romans celebrated All Saints’ Day on the 1st of November. 2000 years have brought new customs. Today costumes of witches, ghosts, favorite TV & book characters have replaced those made of animal skin & heads. People carve jack-o'-lantern to drive the ghosts away from their houses & organize huge parties. People in colonial New England seldom celebrated Halloween because their beliefs differed greatly.
- Today there are no Druids who can predict the future but females believe that they can divine their intended husband’s name using apple skin, mirrors, & thread.
- The origin of “trick-or-treating” dates back to All Souls’ Day in England. People promised to pray for the relatives who had been already dead. They baked pastries which they called “soul cakes”, gave them to poor & hungry persons. Today families buy sweets to please kids & commemorate the dead.
Try to avoid sources which express a personal point of view or sound unnaturally. It’s better to turn to valid & reliable ones. Check what sources your college considers to be good & what not. For instance, some tutors hate when students use Wikipedia & ban this source.
How to Start & How to Finish
Every essay has its introduction (the beginning), its body (the passage explains the thesis statement), & its conclusion (the part which summarizes everything mentioned above). That’s really important to start & finish the essay properly. As a rule, experts recommend using citations, proverbs, short stories, some wise words, anecdotes, or impressive facts/ statistics both at the beginning & at the end of the writing assignment about Halloween.
One more essential issue is the thesis statement which you should present in the introductory part. It must be informative & brief. Make all parts of your essay logical. Transition words for essays will help you connect everything right. Each sentence should support the main idea presented in the thesis statement. The introduction & the conclusion are the shortest parts of the work & the body is the biggest one.
If you need to attach some files do that according to the college requirements. Use the appropriate format of pictures, diagrams, etc. Be sure that you know how to arrange the bibliography section, footnotes (if needed).
Consider the Style of the Essay
Dealing with essay writing on Halloween, it’s very important to pay attention to its style. There are four major styles: narrative, descriptive, expository, & persuasive. Each style has its peculiarities.
If you prefer the narrative one, then tell a story that happened in your or somebody’s life on Halloween. Make it vivid & impressive. This style requires ‘I’ sentences letting the reader become the witness of the events.
Choosing the expository style, you’d better present only evidence about Halloween. Like in a character analysis essay, make the analysis of the topic. It doesn’t involve human feelings & emotions.
Descriptive writing of a Halloween essay is about creating a true-to-life picture. It must make the reader smell, feel, see, hear, & taste the things you describe.
If you write a persuasive paper you should be ready to convince the reader that your point of view is the right one. Make it sound logical using facts, examples, statistics. Interview an expert & present his or her words in the paper.