Below you will find a useful text with valuable tips on how to compose a cool character analysis essay and answer the question why is homework important. A paper like that can be divided into three sections in order not to get lost.
Every part is observed in this article. Students of both high school and college might find this guide from our college homework assistance company useful.
There is no necessity to follow the guidelines step by step and answer all questions. At least every student has to analyze the chosen hero from these three sides. It will help with preparing a perfect character analysis like in the descriptive essay. You may also use various examples available for download online.
In general, the structure will remain the same as for other types of academic papers:
- Introduction (with thesis statement and reasons to choose this particular story)
- 3-5 body paragraphs
- Conclusion for an essay
- References page
- Determine the type of person you introduce to the reader. One hero can belong to two or three types. There are many categories of characters, in fact.
- Describe the person you’ve chosen. To do so, use various adjectives as his or her traits.
- Turn to the plot of the chosen story. Focus on the main conflict. What is the role of your object in this situation? How is he/she developing throughout the story?
Various Types of Characters
You can prescribe your object to one of the following categories on the list:
- Protagonist. Such people tend to be heroes. Despite the beliefs of many people, the main characters do not necessarily have to possess only positive traits. Moreover, sometimes they can be villains (murderers, thieves, etc.) It all depends on the author’s imagination and vision of this world.
- Antagonists. The opposite of the protagonist means being against the main character. Except for the villain or several enemies, the antagonist may be portrayed by the force of nature, animal, or else. Once again, the antagonist may sometimes possess better human qualities than the protagonist. In addition, it is a more complex and interesting person to analyze in your 5 paragraph essay, as a rule.
- Major. Majors appear when several main heroes are involved. For instance, if there are three main roles like Remark usually includes. The number of majors is unlimited as there may be several stories united into one basic plot line.
- Minor. These people either help the main heroes or prevent them from achieving the goal by implementing various obstacles. These objects are good for analysis as they are part of the story too. It would be less exciting without them. These elements of the story are usually static (unchanging), so they may be less interesting to be chosen for your analysis.
- Dynamic. Unlike the previous section, this category is made of changing characters. They are usually protagonists or antagonists especially.
- Stereotypical(stock). This category includes a brainy and dull nerd, a fat policeman who is eating donuts all the time, strict university professor, stupid blonde model, etc. Analysis is barely dedicated to such characters.
- Foils. To make it short, it’s a copycat of the main character in some ways.
- Round (3 dimensional). Characters with many different personalities and roles in the story. They are interesting to be included in your analysis.
On the whole, you might write your personal analysis as well as add the reviews of other people (journalists, scientists, writers, reviewers, etc.) Keep in mind that you have to use at least one example when stating each idea in your character analysis essay. This example should come from the original text where your character was born.
Reading free articles will help you to come up with the best analysis essay ever. Also, don’t forget to ask your teachers for extra tips. One more way to get the extra help with your course is through contacting professional writing team from the website like this one. They will prepare any literary character analysis very soon.