Writing an argumentative essay is not an easy task. It may seem that it is just another five paragraph essay, but it is not exactly right. So, what it is all about? First of all, you must find the appropriate point and counterpoint to argue your position later. Of course, it is not as hard as writing about argumentative topicsstill requires some certain writing skills on a high level.
For this essay, your facts must be very solid and persuasive on both points. You have to provide your evidence and after that come with your own point of view. Your conclusions should be comprehensive and convincing. As you see, it’s not enough to make just a simple presentation of two sides of the case and then to pick the one you like the most. Our online homework help writing team has prepared for you the ultimate guide about argumentative essay with the list of the most valuable topic examples.
How to Find a Good Argumentative Topic
You should get few argumentative essay topics to choose from. It sounds easy, but when it comes to getting something that is interesting for a wide audience, you may get a problem. First of all, note, that it should not be too easy to find the answer to the question your topic has.
Your paper would not be successful if everything will be as simple as it seems and just lying on the surface. Think about themes that are important, but not too wide and common. The perfect argument essay topic is narrower in focus. For example, you should talk not about global warming in general, but give more credit to its consequences in some certain regions. Also, there should be enough evidence for both points of view you are describing in your article.
Argument Essay Topics
In this part of our article, you will see that the variety of argumentative essay topics is huge. We tried to pick up the most interesting examples that can inspire you to come up with your own interesting theme. There is an interesting blog with creative presentation ideas in our database. Here are four mean areas where students usually find their inspiration.
- Literature: book, character, author.
- History: event, country, person.
- Social: law, ethics, values.
- Health: legislation, causes, conflicts.
Middle or High School-Level
- Should modern kids have permission from their parents to get free condoms?
- Do minors have a right to drive more than two passengers?
- Is it necessary for everybody to have a diploma?
- What are the cases when military aggression can be advocated?
- Is it necessary to punish parents for the crimes of their minors?
- Why is it necessary to value academic success while attending university?
Argumentative Topics to Avoid
- The honesty of politicians.
- Income of sport, film, and music stars.
- How far can the science go?
Funny Argumentative Topics
- Are those commercials honest? Do you believe them?
- Why should funny videos be banned from all social networks?
- Discuss an awful album by your favorite band.
Classic Argumentative Topics
- Gaming addiction and its effect on surroundings.
- Why is sex education important for early pregnancy and AIDS spreading prevention?
- Is it legal to do abortions?
- Why should the use of animals for science researching be banned?
- Is it legal to continue cloning experiments?
- Why is it important to improve privacy and security concerns on the Internet?
- When can illegal downloading be justified?
- Do we need to leave YouTube comment section opened?
- Do you agree that the Internet should be provided by the government for free?
- Why and how can we stop or at least minimize devastation of rainforests?
- Why should we reduce gas and oil drilling globally?
- Are there any real proofs of global warming?
- Do electric cars solve the problem of global pollution?
Media and Society
- How strong is the influence of the mass media on the popular female image?
- Is there any connection between brutal video games and teenage gun shooting cases at public schools?
Need more ideas? Try to choose something by browsing persuasive essay topics. You can come up with some interesting ideas for your main theme. Also, we prepared few tips that will help you to write your argumentative paper properly.
Get a Position
So, as soon as you take a position about the topic, you may begin working with it actively. Just start as soon as you can with any point of view you have for your topic. Usually, everyone starts writing about that point they are agreed with.
The argumentative essay outline is a very important part of your essay. This point should not be too complicated but clear. Just get it right and comfortable for yourself. Use some brief phrases to draw the map of your further writing. It will help you to keep the destination in your mind constantly.
As soon as you choose the side you want to take, you should work hard on evidence. Get as much as you can for each point of view. To do your research, you can go to the library and try to involve other sources than just the Internet. Also, you can use scholarly papers while writing your argumentative essay.
Then you can start with your first draft. There are three classic parts such as Introduction, Body, and Conclusion. In the first paragraph of the essay structure, you must present your thesis statement and your side of the argument. Our argumentative thesis statements examples are at your disposal. Use them any time you need. Then there goes the body of the article.
Just get the main facts here and support them. Make accent on your point of view and its advantages. And in conclusion, you should make a brief summary and convince the reader that the point you was defeating is right.
In case you are still uncertain about your skills and knowledge, you may need a professional to help you. Fortunately, you’ve already to the right place where you can order top-class argumentative essay at the most affordable price.